Friday 27 April 2007

Last Second Prepartions for the Marketing Guy

I should be leaving now to get to the bus at the Spectrum. It's leaving in an hour. Nothing like a 10 hour drive to really set you up for the weekend, eh?

I should have flown or taken the train. But I just kept waiting for something to happen and it didn't, so I'm with the team.

I've never actually taken the team bus before. Not that I couldn't have, but I'm not the best regarding going to away games. In fact, I'm the worst. I think I went to 3 or 4 all season. I've got a wife and kids, not that the others don't, but everyone else brings their entire family. I'm not at that stage yet with the Guildford Heat. Home games, yes.

BBC are broadcasting the semi-final and if we win that, the final. The local BBC station in the south of England. A lot of people can actually hear it if they choose to, but I'm not entirely sure how many choose to. Still, for all our fans who cannot go (which there are thousands), this will be the main way of enjoying the game; save for being able to watch in on their computers on UKTVSlam.net. I think it's .net...or is it, UKTVSlam.tv? I think that might be it.

Good people there.

I'm looking forward to hooking up with the journalists that will be there. This event will get national coverage, minority sport style, but certainly there. The winner might get a full page in the Times, which would be EPIC.

Our captain, Mike Martin, has made some good press comments, such as, "We owe all of them a beating", referring to Scottish Rocks, Newcastle Eagles and Sheffield Sharks. He's not wrong, as we have lost to each of them in our last encounter. That's not good.

Winning the playoffs will be a huge feather in our caps, as a club. For the players, many of which had never won anything before in their careers, this has just been a bumper crop of riches for them. I hope they want one more and to finish the season in style.

I'm looking forward to the summer, but don't know how I will cope without the 24/7 demands!

I'm stopping off from some supermarket white rum, I think it's my new good luck charm...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

French basketball and especially parisian club are much stronger now.
http://www.comeonsport.com/BASKETBALL.html

Anonymous said...

French basketball and especially parisian club are much stronger now.
This is why some many british teams are coming over on basketball tours

http://www.comeonsport.com/BASKETBALL.html